Image by TeroVesalainen from Pixabay
There is much planning to do before a trip. Caught up in the excitement, it’s easy to overlook some important tasks. You may be so busy planning your travel destinations, you are likely to overlook some things that you should not forget before and during your travel… Listed below are a few things that you should not overlook:
• Traveling without travel insurance
• Failing to inform your family members or friends of your destination and itinerary
• Carrying too much cash and valuable things; you can take credit cards and traveler’s cheques instead of cash.
• Forgetting to make copies of your passport info pages; always keep electronic copies of important documents in your phone
• Not making hotel reservations in advance
• Going on excursions without carrying an ID
• Not getting an international phone plan for the trip duration
• Forgetting you are in a foreign land with different customs and safety measures, and neglecting to be alert and practice caution
• Not practicing safe travel and avoiding common travel mistakes. Enjoy your trip and plan ahead. Caution is always recommended.
Sri Lanka is a safe place for visitors, due to its great tourism industry. People from all walks of life are naturally inclined to be gracious and polite to visitors, leading to Sri Lanka being famous as a friendly nation. If you are staying at any Colombo hotel or any other establishment, the staff will be more than happy to assist you with any issues you might be having during your stay in Sri Lanka.